Friday 3 July 2015

(010) Warhammer: Age of Sigmar - Free Stormcast Eternal.

I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of tomorrow’s White Dwarf a day early. Coming as a surprise to absolutely no one with an internet connection, White Dwarf 75 finally reveals ‘Warhammer – Age of Sigmar’. It also comes with a free ‘Stormcast Eternal’ miniature from the new game.
 

 
 
Free plastic miniatures on the cover of White Dwarf is something I remember fondly from my childhood. In fact my first ever Citadel Miniature was a plastic Warhammer Bright Wizard that came free with White Dwarf issue 186 back in 1995!
 
 
 
 
I started this blog with the aim of documenting my attempt to get the number of unassembled and unpainted models I own under control. Warhammer – Age of Sigmar is one of the reasons that that will probably never happen. The models in the starter set look absolutely incredible.
 
I’ve never had a great interest in Warhammer Fantasy, but this set is tempting me to start. Even with no interest in Fantasy the conversion potential of the Age of Sigmar models for 40k is immense. I can easily see a Khorne Chaos Space Marine Lord, five Khorne Berzerkers and twenty Chaos Cultists in that box, and that’s just on the Chaos side.
 
On the ‘good’ side taking a quick glance I can already see ten Thunder Hammer-Storm Shield Terminators, three amazing Vanguard Veterans, a unique Standard Bearer and a ‘counts-as’ Chapter Master on a Space Marine Bike.
 
I’ve taken a couple of comparison photographs with a Tactical Space Marine and a Space Marine in Terminator Armour so you can get an idea of size.
 
 
 
 
(The Stormcast Eternal comes with a 40mm round base. His shield arm is currently held on with blu-tack so it will be easier to paint when I get around to it).
 
 
 
 
Current Size of the Unpainted Legion: 253 models.
 
 
Currently Reading: (Non-Black Library) ‘Broken Monsters’ by Lauren Beukes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment