Friday 21 August 2015

(016) Hobby Progress. Project 002: Deathwing Terminators (Part I)

Fresh from completing my Imperial Knights, I have decided my next project should be something that will allow me to build up some hobby momentum. By which I mean, something that I can finish quickly. So I have chosen a unit that was already fairly close to completion so that I can quickly get a few more finished models under my belt.

I am now working on my Dark Angels Deathwing Terminator Squad Barachiel from the Dark Vengeance starter boxed set. I was hoping to finish them on Thursday as all I had left to paint were the little details. But these models have a LOT of little details. When you examine them closely it beggars belief that these are starter set models, they are incredibly detailed and dynamically posed.

I have decided to paint their armour in a two colour scheme just like I did with my Ravenwing Bike Squad Arion.

Which you can see here on my Flickr account: Dark Angels Ravenwing Bike Squad Arion.

I prefer this for Dark Angels as it helps tie the entire army together into one cohesive force, rather than it looking like a conglomeration of disparate units. All credit for this idea goes to Mark Minghella, whose awesome Deathwing Terminators inspired me and which you can see on his Flickr account here.

So here they are, my Dark Angels Deathwing Terminator Squad Barachiel in progress:
 


Current Size of the Unpainted Legion: 239 models.

 
 
Currently Reading: ‘The Damnation of Pythos’ by David Annandale.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment