Monday 15 June 2015

(008) Black Library - Classic Paperbacks back in print.

I love reading Warhammer 40,000 fiction from Black Library. I read a lot of novels featuring Space Marines, the ‘Horus Heresy’ series and currently Dan Abnett’s ‘Gaunt’s Ghosts’ series. I got a copy of Sandy Mitchell’s ‘The Greater Good’ for my birthday this year and really enjoyed it. The problem was that it’s the ninth in a series and although I wanted to read the preceding novels they were all out of print.
 
Luckily I stayed up late last Wednesday night watching a movie. I happened to check my e-mail before I went to bed and there was a Black Library newsletter advertising a limited re-release of some classic paperbacks. Included in this limited release were the omnibuses ‘Hero of the Imperium’ and ‘Defender of the Imperium’, which between them cover the first six novels in Sandy Mitchell’s ‘Ciaphas Cain’ series.
 
 
 
Since I was up anyway and my wallet was on my desk I ordered them both. I’m glad I did when I checked the Black Library website on Friday morning barely more than 24 hours later, they had already sold out!
 
My copies arrived today.
 
 
 
 
 
Current Size of the Unpainted Legion: 248 models.
 
 
Currently Reading: ‘The Guns of Tanith’ by Dan Abnett.

No comments:

Post a Comment